Posted with Permission from Five Seasons TCM
By Zoey Gong
Fresh aloe and pear are both fantastic ingredients to cool heat and hydrate our body. If consumed together raw, these ingredients might be too cooling for the body in cold weather. Poaching the pear brings some warmth into it; we encourage you to try this light fruit dessert when you feel dry and heated!
- 1 bottle of Alo Drink Aloe Juice
- ½ Korean/Asian pear
- 3 stems of fresh thyme
- Optional: 1 Throat Soothing Culinary TCM Tonic Bag
- Optional: honey, mallow flower or osmanthus flower, plant-based cream or yogurt.
- Wash pear thoroughly and cut in half. Make some slits on the inner side of the pear.
- Use food grade organic cotton string, tie the thyme to the inner side of the pear. This alows flavor to be better absorbed by the pear. However, you can skip this step and just add thyme to the pot.
- In a pot, add a bottle of Alo Drink aloe juice, the pear half, and the thyme. Stew with lid covered on medium-low heat until the pear is soft, about 20 minutes. Flip the pear after 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Optional to add 1 Throat Soothing Culinary TCM Tonic Bag in the first 15 minute of cooking.
- Sweeten with honey if needed.
- Serve warm. Garnish with dried flowers, fresh thyme sprigs, and a dot plant based yogurt or cream.