Does smiling make you healthier? Yes. Yes it does.
Smiling has been demonstrated to provide the following health benefits:
- Elevates Mood The physical act of smiling activates pathways in your brain that influence your emotional state—meaning that by adopting a happy facial expression, you can "trick" your mind into entering a state of happiness.
- Decrease Stress and Combats Depression By releasing neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine— even if you don’t feel like smiling and just fake it (see #1).
- Contributes to Longevity Research indicates that happiness could increase lifespan by years—suggesting smiling (and having reasons to smile) is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Reduces Physical Pain Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, other natural painkillers, and serotonin. Together, these brain chemicals relaxes our bodies and reduces physical pain.
- Increases Immunity Immune function improves when you’re more relaxed thanks to the release of certain neurotransmitters, making the production of antibodies stronger.
- Helps you Feel Optimistic Smiling can influence your feelings of positivity, even if it feels unnatural or forced. Regardless of whether or not your smile is genuine, it still sends the message that “Life is good!” to your brain and ultimately the rest of your body.
And the best part, smiling is its own reward. There is no better or faster way to feel happy and stress-free than by offering a quick smile to those around you. Various studies have even demonstrated that smiling is contagious, so you’re contributing to public health in a positive way when smiling becomes a conscious, intentional choice.
And goof oral hygiene makes smiling THAT much more easeful.
It's no secret that good health starts in the mouth. Boketto has an Oral Care Collection that bring fun, effectiveness and ecology to this 2x a day habit. Additionally fresh breath and healthy teeth supports your having confidence to smile. With a swish, a floss, and a brush, shop our natural oral care assortment of products and tools to keep your teeth bright and gums clean. Tongue scrapers, oil pulling, and recyclable toothbrushes keep your teeth clean as part of your daily ritual and routine.
Copper Tongue Scraper
Botanical Teeth Whitening Stick
Oil Pulling Sachets