We Changed our Mind About Sheet Masks
Sheet masks are over-hyped.
So why did we finally decide to stock a sheet mask? Well, not just any sheet mask… keep reading to find out what changed our minds.
From a skin health perspective, there's nothing wrong with sheet masks— as long as they are free of harmful ingredients and full of nourishing ones (Vitamins A, B, C & E and hyaluronic acid, for example). However, they aren’t really necessary.
The truth is, the majority of sheet masks on the market are just vehicles for delivering serum to your face, but no different than your hands applying product. They do nothing more, and possibly less, as the fibrous material, oftentimes cotton, absorbs a lot of the product and then evaporates. You know how you end up with a dry sheet? Yup. Evaporation, not absorption.
Maybe our biggest problem with sheet masks is their environmental impact. They’re single-use products that are quickly rising to the #1 beauty product ending up in landfills. Even biodegradable sheet masks are individually wrapped, one and done. Making them a doubly wasteful method of applying skincare.
Speaking of wastefulness, the ephemeral effects of your typical sheet mask gives us major pause. Sure, your skin is hydrated and looks better after a treatment, but like a drink of water, a glass now doesn’t mean you won’t be thirsty again later.
On the other hand, we love the look and feel of a temporary hydration boost. Who doesn’t?! So when we considered sheet masks (because fun!), we wanted something that was effective, customizable and eco-friendly. Enter Province Apothecary Silicone Sheet Mask for Face + Eyes.
- SUSTAINABLE With proper care and maintenance, these reusable silicone masks will last for hundreds of uses
- EFFECTIVE Occluding, or covering the skin, allows your product to penetrate deeper into the skin, helping to repair barrier function, deeply hydrate, and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- FLEXIBLE These silicone masks can be used over any serum, balm, oil or cream allowing you customize the treatment with the exact ingredients you want and need
- EFFICIENT Layering an oil based product rich in antioxidants allows the active ingredients in serums to be absorbed deeper into the skin working more effectively to improve skin tone and texture.
The Province Apothecary Silicone Sheet Mask Set includes 2 masks, one for face and one for eyes, and can be used together or separately. They’re also incredibly long-lasting. Simply, rinse with warm water, wash with a cleanser, and air-dry to reuse.
- Designed to hold oil, serums and balms close to the skin to help preserve skin absorption.
- Pairs with your favorite product
- Durable, long-lasting. Just rinse and resue
We suggest pairing the eye mask with Skincando Eye Balm or Marie Veronique Eye Repair Serum. Use as needed for 5 to 10 minutes to transform the look of tired eyes. Or daily as part of your morning routine.
For the full face mask, get specific. Pair the mask with a Marie Veronique Serum or mask of choice (our go-to is the Micronutrient and Hydrating Face Mask). Leave it on for up to 30 minutes, ideally while in the bath before bed. You can't over do it, but at a minimum use 1x a week. Up the ante by massaging any excess product into the skin before applying your finishing products.
Our mind has been changed. Get all the benefits of a sheet mask without the waste. Lock in your favorite serums and balms to repair barrier function, deeply hydrate, and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Trying to figure out how to add this into your routine? Reach out! We’re here to help. It’s our pleasure.