Recipe & photo from Five Seasons TCM - @fiveseasonstcm
The soothing aroma of this fresh oatmeal will makes this dish the ultimate comfort food. Savor happiness and support better sleep in a bowl with cooked apples, oats, and Five Seasons TCM’s Lullaby Calming Tonic Bag.
Apple Oatmeal for Tranquility
- 1 Lullaby Calming Culinary TCM Tonic Bag
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of diced apples
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 tsp of plant-based yogurt (optional)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Bring 1 tonic bag and 3 cups of water to a boil, then simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, dice apples into small cubes.
- In a pot, sauté the diced apples and brown sugar until caramelized.
- Add oats and herbal broth to the pot and cook until everything is fully cooked. You may add some additional nut milk, if needed.
- Season with cinnamon and additional sweetener to taste.
- Top with plant-based yogurt and osmanthus buds according to your preference.
Vegan | Gluten-free | Dairy-free
15 minutes prep time | 20 minutes cook time