Boketto is hiring a Licensed Massage Therapist wanting to establish their own practice with the support of a caring, and knowledgeable, practitioner community.
License or certification
Active license to practice in the state of Virginia
W2 Contract Employee
3 days/week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Boketto is open Sun & Mon, 11-5; Tue - Sat, 11-6. Scheduling outside of shop hours is available.
Nestled in a sweet corner of Richmond, Virginia’s Fan District, Boketto is home to a modern apothecary, lifestyle store, and wellness treatments— designed to support whole body well-being. We think of Boketto as a place to connect, learn, rejuvenate, relax and indulge. Online or in-person, we’re here our customers and clients. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly— the opportunity to build your Massage practice.
Boketto Massage Therapists provide various massage therapy services and treatments that compliments and improves a client’s overall sense of well-being. They’re interested in building relationships with clients, and can educate on the benefits of massage therapy. Our Massage Therapists are able to design individual sessions around clients’ specific needs as well as suggest long-term care when applicable, and can work with the greater Boketto team to provide a superior experience in a professional atmosphere.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greeting clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Reviewing medical records
- Assessing health maintenance, illness, injury, and diagnosis as reported
- Obtaining informed consent from patient
- Providing confident and compassionate care via individualized massage therapy services and treatments that meet the clients' needs and expectations
- Working in a multi-faceted retail environment
- Recommending appropriate post-care support (herbs, apothecary, other practitioners...)
- Initiating, developing and maintaining personalized relationships with clients
- Maintaining a safe and tidy workspace
- Being active in open and respectful communication with Team Boketto via Slack
- Remaining current on certifications and new trends in the industry
Additionally, actively partnering with team members by fostering an inclusive work environment and respecting others with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Candidates must have an active license to practice in the state of Virginia, plus be able to perform all types of massage therapy services and treatments. The ability to stand for multiple hours is also required.
Email a resume and cover letter to Jelena Nikolajevic at email@example.com and add “JOB: MASSAGE THERAPIST” to your email subject.
We’re accepting applications until the position is filled.
All candidates will be updated on their application status in 2-4 weeks from receipt.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boketto is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
ABOUT Richmond, Virginia
There are many reasons why Richmond, Virginia (RVA) is considered one of the best places to live in the U.S. Housing costs are just below the national average, unemployment is low, and the winters are mild. But the city itself also attracts a lot of young people thanks to its colleges and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Here are seven reasons why moving to Richmond may be just what you need:
- The James River and the surrounding bike/hike trails are definitely Richmond’s focal point, not only adding ambiance but serving as a place to be active, relax with friends or people watch. Note: The James is the only river in the U.S. where whitewater rapid conditions exist within a city’s limits.
- If you love watching live music performances, The National is the city’s most beloved venue for live shows, often featuring up-and-coming artists and bands. The Broadberry, Strange Matter as well as Browns Island are also popular places to catch a show.
- Washington D.C., the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Virginia Beach are all a two-hour drive away.
- From the Science Museum of Virginia, Virginia Museum of Fine Art, and the Institute of Contemporary Art—there's a vibrant arts & science community to feed curious minds. The amusement parks—Great Wolf Lodge, Busch Gardens, and Kings Dominion are, also, all nearby.
Richmond continues to grow in interesting ways as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad. Come see what RVA has to offer!