Boketto is hiring a Licensed Acupuncturist wanting to establish their own practice with the support of a caring, and knowledgeable, practitioner community.
License or certification
Active license to practice in the state of Virginia
W2 Contract Employee
2-5 days/week, specific schedule negotiable
Boketto is open Mon, 11-5; Tue - Sat, 11-6; Sun, 11-4. Scheduling outside of shop hours is available
Nestled in a sweet corner of Richmond, Virginia’s Fan District, Boketto is home to a modern apothecary, lifestyle store, and wellness treatments— designed to support whole body well-being. We think of Boketto as a place to connect, learn, rejuvenate, relax and indulge. Online or in-person, we’re here our customers and clients. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly— the opportunity to build your Acupuncture practice.
The acupuncturist performs all treatments and services in accordance with the State of Virginia acupuncture licensing requirements. The Licensed Acupuncturist will provide acupuncture to patients, during business hours of their choosing, 20 hours a week minimum.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Knowledgeable review of medical records
- Assessing health maintenance, illness, injury, and diagnosis as reported
- Obtaining informed consent from patient
- Providing confident and compassionate care
- Being comfortable working in a multi-faceted retail environment
- Willingness to recommend appropriate post-care support (herbs, apothecary, other practitioners...)
- Maintaining a safe and tidy workspace
- Be active in open and respectful communication with Team Boketto via Slack
Additionally, actively partnering with team members by fostering an inclusive work environment and respecting others with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Graduate of an approved school of Oriental Medicine and/or Traditional Chinese Medicine accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). Successful completion of an NCCAOM clean needle technique course in addition to the infection control education required of all members of the medical staff. Active license to practice in the state of Virginia.
Additional qualifications (nice but not necessary)
Active status preferred as a Diplomate in Acupuncture of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). Complete at least fifteen hours of board approved continuing education (CE) each year. Experience in providing acupuncture services to the public.
There are many reasons why Richmond, Virginia (RVA) is considered one of the best places to live in the U.S. Housing costs are just below the national average, unemployment is low, and the winters are mild. But the city itself also attracts a lot of young people thanks to its colleges and has an entrepreneurial spirit. Here are seven reasons why moving to Richmond may be just what you need:
- The James River and the surrounding bike/hike trails are definitely Richmond’s focal point, not only adding ambiance but serving as a place to be active, relax with friends or people watch. Note: The James is the only river in the U.S. where whitewater rapid conditions exist within a city’s limits.
- If you love watching live music performances, The National is the city’s most beloved venue for live shows, often featuring up-and-coming artists and bands. The Broadberry, Strange Matter as well as Browns Island are also popular places to catch a show.
- Washington D.C., the Blue Ridge Mountains, and Virginia Beach are all a two-hour drive away.
- From the Science Museum of Virginia, Virginia Museum of Fine Art, and the Institute of Contemporary Art—there's a vibrant arts & science community to feed curious minds. The amusement parks—Great Wolf Lodge, Busch Gardens, and Kings Dominion are, also, all nearby.
Richmond continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Email a resume and cover letter to Jelena Nikolajevic at firstname.lastname@example.org and add “JOB: ACUPUNCTURIST” to your email subject.
We’re accepting applications until the position is filled.
All candidates will be updated on their application status in 2-4 weeks from receipt.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Boketto is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.